What is a Wick Trimmer?
You’ve probably seen it before, a particularly strange metal pair of “scissors” with a small plate? With its curved shape, the wick trimmer is easy to use in any container, small, deep or big, you can use the same tool! It makes a clean cut of the wick while recovering the debris.
Why should you trim your wicks?
It's important for so many reasons but let's name a few;
- Cleaner burn: avoid dark smoke (and smoke alarm detector!)
- Cleaner container: avoid smoky candle jars
- Better fragrance diffusion: enhance the scent diffusion while burning
- Burn safely: a longer wick creates a higher flame which can be dangerous
- Prevent mushrooming: remove the build-up of carbon
How do you use a wick trimmer? & How often?
Good news, it’s quick and simple! But it's a routine and you have to do it, every-time you use your candles. How?
- Place the wick trimmer handle inside the rim of the jar
- Bring the blades towards the wick parallel to the wax
- Cut the wick to a height of about 1/4" (4-5mm)
- Throw away the wick debris (be careful, it may be hot!)